Diversita Opera Arts Company has reopened and revamped requirements for our new training program for individuals without a music degree or new music graduates. We are looking for strong candidates who are serious about training and receiving the most out of the experience with our professional coaches, conductors, and stage directors who are currently active in the field of opera.
1. Candidates will perform and coach roles.
2. Candidates will serve as covers for our current professional singers and serve as chorus members.
3. Candidates will perform excerpts and/or full performances of their covered roles.
4. Candidates will perform art songs and arias throughout the season with the approval of the music board.
5. Candidates must share the goal of being unified among a diverse cast of individuals through music.
6. Candidates will receive a certificate of training.
NOTE: Please be prepared to have two recommendations from music professionals/educators and to interview with music board members.
Cost: $350 for the full year
Scholarships are available upon request and need. Payment options available.